Update From Toronto
Mag. Claudia R. Wintoch
July 14, 2003



 Dear friends,
 First of all, thank you for all your e-mails and encouragement. They all meant a lot to me. And thank you for your prayers - they make all the difference.

 I've now been here in Toronto for four days. A wonderful lady that was with us in Africa in June "rescued" me from the airport last Thursday and gave me a place to stay over night. The following morning I had to leave and had no choice but to transfer to a bed & breakfast. By that time I was not in a very good shape. Physically, I still had the cold, and having carried around two heavy suitcases, I was totally exhausted, as I was emotionally, having been through the questioning, having to move, and not knowing what would happen next. But your prayers were being answered. A missionary I had met in Kansas City and who lives in Toronto at the moment called me and said I could stay in the room with her. So, just having arrived there, I moved again, and that's where I am now. It's been really refreshing being with her - somebody who knows what it's like not to have a place to stay, to have problems of that kind, and who I could exchange Africa stories with.

 Being in Toronto, I decided to take advantage of the situation and attend Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship (TACF) as much as possible. And they are even having a conference this week, which is great. So, I've been there a few times, longing to just worship God and rest in His arms, finding physical and emotional refreshing in His presence. The conference is from Wednesday till Sunday.

 In the meantime I have been considering my options and the course of action. The INS officer had said that I could enter the US any time if I can show strong ties to Austria (or outside the US) to prove that I'm not going to stay in the US beyond October - which is what they believe, since I had been in the US the past two years, and illegally most of the time. The school has been in the process the whole time of receiving authorization to issue me the form I needed, but never received it.

 So, I have been collecting letters to prove I will be leaving the US for good in October, from people they count from. But I have also been wondering if the amount of letters from people who know me and vouch for me could make a difference. Would you consider faxing a letter with your signature? You find a suggestion of a few lines at the end of this e-mail - feel free to add or change.

 Another issue is that you have to show sufficient funds for your stay in the US - unfortunately when answering honestly they thought I was joking. Somebody offered to transfer money temporarily, but that doesn't seem very honest to me. Please pray for wisdom.

 What am I going to do? I will be trying to enter the US again next Sunday or Monday, either by car or by plane. Some people were gonna drive up from Kansas City, but now they are not. So I don't know whether I'm gonna get a ride somewhere, whether I should just do a trip to the Niagara Falls (which is close) and go on from there, or whether I should go again by plane, by the same people I talked to last time. I don't know what is best at this time.

 Please continue praying for guidance and wisdom and favor. May His will be done! Isn't it awesome that you can be any place in the world, and He is always with you?

 I'll keep you updated - thanks so much for your support and prayers. They mean so much too me! I'm also online now which is a great blessing.

 Resting in HIM,


Ask of Me, and I will make the nations your inheritance. (Ps 2:8) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mag. Claudia R. Wintoch
   Toronto, Canada
   (416) 398 6439


Talk to me online - I'm "healing2thenations":
yahoo/msn messenger

Your support - whether by prayer or giving - is greatly appreciated.
In Europe:
Bank name: BA/CA
Bank number: 12000
Account number: 509.101.468.00

Online (it will say Glory Webservices):


The fax number is (416) 398 2135 - from Austria, please don't send it before 2 p.m. because of the time difference!!!

(your name, address, phone number)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (your name), can personally vouch for Claudia Wintoch, that she has no intention of staying in the US beyond October, since she will be ministering back in Austria while preparing to move to West Africa as a missionary in 2004.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.